Mandated Remote Learning
Today, March 12, at 2:30 pm., Governor DeWine held a press conference which he stated that Ohio K-12 schools will close, effective on Monday, March 16 through Friday, April 3. This includes all private schools.
What this means:
- Tomorrow, Muffins with Mom’s is cancelled
- CMA will close their doors on Friday, March 13 at 6:00 pm; teachers will have students take home their things.
Central Montessori Academy will be implementing the plan to go from Face to Face instruction to Remote instruction.
- March 16- 20th -CMA will use this time to prepare online lessons and assignments; See teacher communication for further information.
- March 23- 27th -CMA Spring Break; No Work for students; Teachers are off no email correspondence.
- March 30 – April 3 -CMA remote instruction will begin
- April 6 – CMA is open to face to face instruction
While instruction will not be taken place face to face, we will continue to spark the curiosity and educate students through remote instruction. The CMA staff are prepared to use online tools and send lessons for parents to do with their children.
What CMA remote requirements look like:
- Toddler and Preschool will have a menu of tasks including counting, practical life and arts activities you can do with your children at home. No work is required for this age group.
- Kindergarten will be given 2.5-3 hours of academic and arts activities. Look for communication via email from your classroom teacher.
- Grade 1-3 will be given 2.5-3 hours of academic and arts activities.
- Grade 4-6 will be given 3-3.5 hours of academic work and arts activities.
- CMA will use Google Classroom for Grades 1-6 each student has their own private email address. Students will be assigned tasks in Google Classroom by the teacher.
- Instruction for Google Classroom will be given to students in grades 1-3 tomorrow.
- Students in Grades 4 – 6 are familiar with Google Classroom and currently use.
Remember that during this time the most important thing is to stay healthy and safe. We understand that families have obligations, may become ill, or deal with other extenuating circumstances. CMA is committed to being flexible and understanding, please give yourself and others grace and patience during this time. Let us support each other. Reach out and call each other. CMA wishes health and well-being during this time.