Job Title: Head of School
School: Private non-profit serving toddler 18 months – 6th grade
Job Status: Full Time (through summer) with Benefits
Reports To: Board of Trustees
Proposed Hours: 40 hours per week
Starting Date: July 1, 2021
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience, education and according to the school’s established salary schedule.
About Central Montessori Academy:
Central Montessori Academy is a private independent school offering authentic Montessori education starting at toddler and continuing until sixth grade.
Central Montessori Academy provides children with a world-class education, and also nurtures the heart to develop the child’s self-confidence, personal creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
Education at Central Montessori Academy is about providing each child with the experience to learn in a way that works for the unique individual they are. The children then live what they learn; making the lessons become a part of who they are.
The Head of School (HOS) is the Montessori leader with a vision that is advantageous to the direction and inspiration of the whole school community. School leadership is best supported by a visionary with good communication skills, self-assurance, maturity, an understanding of Montessori education and a willingness and patience in working with people. The HOS will maintain the Vision and Mission of Central Montessori Academy and articulate effectively to all constituents (students, families, staff, community). The HOS will report to the Board of Trustees and guide the board in developing strategic plans as well as provide for the board members’ ongoing education about Montessori.
- Required Master’s Degree
- Required Montessori Education
- Preferred Degree in administration
- Five or more years of experience in the classroom
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and carry out all aspects of daily operations
- Plan and implement short term and long term goals of the school
- Ensure adherence to AMS accreditation standards
- Advocate for the development of best practices in Montessori education programs
- Work with the Board of Trustees to develop long-term Strategic Plan
- Assist board with annual fundraising efforts
- Provide faculty support, development and evaluation
- Maintain sound fiduciary management of the organization
- Recommend scholarship and grant programs to the Board and execute the programs.
- Serve as a coach to teachers and offer advice for meeting the needs of students
- Encourage alumni and parent participation that aids and supports school goals
- Establish and maintain positive relationship with children, co-workers and parents
Qualities and Characteristics:
- The HOS must have excellent communication skills and a passion for authentic Montessori education.
- An approachable leader who builds relationships by seeking input, truly listening to various constituency groups and then communicating the vision.
- A visionary who exhibits a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- A team builder who attracts, develops, and empowers talent; championing professional development and providing resources for faculty and staff to succeed.
- A creative problem solver and strong communicator with leadership, operational, budgeting, and team-building experience.
- Letter of interest addressed to CMA Board of Trustees
- A statement of educational leadership philosophy, 500 words or less
- AMS certificate
Additional documents or requests may be required later in the process. Candidates’ engagement with the search will be kept confidential and candidates can expect to receive periodic updates on the progress of the search. Please send inquiries and documentation to CMA Board of Trustees at no later than April 5.
Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Job Description: Central Montessori Academy (CMA) is a small private non-profit school serving children 18 months – 12 years of age. CMA is looking for a toddler teaching assistant. This position is working with our students 18 month- 3 years. CMA is currently looking for an individual with familiarity with Montessori education. CMA will consider applicants that do not have Montessori experience. High School Diploma is required. Experience working with children is preferred but not required. If you are interested please send your resume.
This position is working with children 18 months – 3 years. COVID-19 protocols are currently in place. Adults are wearing masks while inside. CMA teaching staff has currently been vaccinated. CMA has created a safe learning environment for staff and children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Afternoon Assistant Job Description Posted: March 10, 2021 Central Montessori Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship, or veteran status, in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, Central Montessori Academy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.