Central Montessori Academy – Toddler, Preschool and Elementary in Northwest Cincinnati
We are an independent Montessori school nurturing and developing young scholars from toddler through sixth grade.
Enrollment Process and Timeline
The enrollment process is about feeling comfortable that CMA is a match for your child and your family.
Enrollment applications are accepted throughout the year. Your contact and guides throughout the enrollment process are Denise Ott – Admissions Director and Rene’ Steinkamp – Head of School.
Step 1: Schedule a Tour
Begin by scheduling a no-obligation tour to see our classrooms in action. The tour takes about an hour of your time and is for both parents/guardians (no children please) this can be virtual or In-person.
Call Denise Ott at (513) 742-5800 or send us a Tour Request.
Step 2: Application
- Toddler – 6th grade- Complete Enrollment Application and submit $50 non-refundable application fee.
- K- 6th grade – Complete and submit Record Request Form with application.
- Toddler ONLY – must complete Getting to Know Your Toddler along with the Enrollment Application.
Step 3: Student Interviews
- Pre-primary (age 3 & 4) – *(A student must be fully potty-trained to enter the pre-primary program). The student spends about 20-30 minutes in the classroom during morning work time. The teacher evaluates students interest and engagement with the works in the classroom. This is also a way to get your young student excited about school and to see if they’re ready for this next developmental journey.
- Kindergarten (age 5+)– The student spends about an hour in the classroom during the morning recess/work time. The teacher works with the student one-on-one exploring their educational skills, as well as their developmental and academic milestones. Students are eligible to enter Kindergarten based on academic readiness, ability to follow directions and be part of the group. The interview and school records from the previous school(s) are used to determine eligibility. The goal of this process is to make sure we are the right fit for your child, and that your child is ready for Kindergarten and is a good match for CMA.
- 1st – 6th grade (6- 12 years) – The student attends CMA for ½ day from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm. The teacher works with the student on their developmental and academic milestones. Students are eligible to enter based on academic readiness, ability to follow directions and be part of the group. The interview and school records from previous school are used to determine eligibility. The goal of this process is to make sure we are the right fit for your child, and that your child is a good match for CMA.
Step 3: Interview Followup and Acceptance
We will contact you by phone a few days after your child’s student interview to share feedback about the visit and, in turn, welcome your comments. During this time, we will also let you know if your child has been accepted into our program.
Step 4: Enrollment Contract
Once your child has been accepted, you will receive an enrollment contract. Please complete and return the contract to CMA along with a $200 deposit (per child). These documents and deposit will hold your child’s space for the applied school year.
For specific questions, please call (513) 742-5800 or email Denise (Admissions Director) at email@example.com.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Central Montessori Academy recruits and admits students of any race, color, religion, or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities. In addition, the school will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarships/loans/fee waivers, educational programs, and athletics/extracurricular activities. In addition, the school is not intended to be an alternative to court or administrative agency-ordered, or public school district-initiated, desegregation.