Central Montessori Academy – Toddler, Preschool and Elementary in Northwest Cincinnati
We are an independent Montessori school nurturing and developing young scholars from toddler through sixth grade.
Staff and Board
At Central Montessori Academy, we understand that experienced, dedicated teachers are what make any school program strong. Everyone on our teaching staff holds degrees and Montessori training. The teachers at CMA are passionate about their work and really are the heart and soul of our school. We are proud that many of our Montessori teachers first started their Montessori journey with their children joining CMA, and now they are teachers at CMA.
The Administrative Staff, under the direction of the Head of School, manages CMA’s day-to-day operations. Our Administrative Staff is an approachable group who are committed not only to helping walk you through the admission process, but to making sure you feel welcome and included as a part of the Central Montessori Academy’s community.
Denise Ott is our Office and Admissions Director who schedules all tours and interviews. Please contact her at (513) 742-5800 if you are interested in learning more about CMA.
- René Steinkamp – Head of School
- Denise Ott – Admissions Director
- Rob Reed – Business Manager
- Elizabeth Moran – Business Manager
Auxiliary Teachers and Specialist Staff
The highly skilled and experienced faculty and staff at Central Montessori Academy often provide professional development and training to other Montessori teachers, have presented at local and national level American Montessori Association Conventions and have been speakers on university panels and discussion groups.
- Andrea Rosenthal Warnken – Music Program, Elementary
- Rita Gross – Art Education Teacher
- Shari Rouse – Reading Specialist
- Rachel Bonar – Cincinnati Occupational Therapy Institute [COTI] – Occupational Therapist
- Maria Fertick – Speech & Language Pathology
- Tia Minor – Intervention Specialist
Lower Elementary Teachers & Staff
- Terri Cerimele-Rieger – Asteroid Room Faculty
- Schuyler Smith – Asteroid Asssistant
- LaDonna Brusch – Comet Room Faculty
- Lauren Castillo – Comet Assistant
Upper Elementary Teachers & Staff
- Mark Traxler – Northern Lights Room Faculty
- Audrey Rieger – Northern Lights Room Faculty
- Ella Frampton – Northern Lights Room Assistant
Pre-Primary Teachers & Staff
- Lizzie Roth – Star Room Faculty
- McKenzee Wilkins – Star Room Faculty
- Mollie Peters – Earth Room Faculty
- Sara Thomas – Earth Room Faculty
- Danielle Wren – Sun Room Faculty
- Sheila Bohnert – Pre-Primary Assistant
- Kim Wesley- Pre-Primary Assistant
- Cindi Yonts– Pre-Primary Assistant
Toddler Teachers & Staff
- Jena Wyborski – Moon Room Teacher
- Hannah Ward – Moon Room Faculty
- Anna Lynne – Moon Room Assistant
- Kim Wesley – Moon Room Assistant
Board of Trustees
Per CMA’s Bylaws, the stewardship of the school is entrusted to the Board of Trustees. The Board is voted on by CMA’s parents and legal guardians (known as Associates). They are responsible for the school’s governing policies, its fiscal health and its mission. In all matters, the Board must consider the best interests of the school over their own interests, or over those of any constituent group in the CMA Community. Committees support the work of the Board and the school.
The Board consists of five (5) voting Trustees including the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and At-Large Trustee. The Trustees hold Board meetings typically on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the school. To assist the Trustees in carrying out the duties of the Board and to be a liaison between the Board and CMA’s parents and legal guardians, the Trustees appoint a minimum of five (5) non-voting Advisors known as the Advisory Council who are also expected to participate in Board meetings. CMA Associates and community members are more than welcome to attend Board meetings as honored guests.
2022-2023 Board of Trustees
- Brandy Lockard – President
- Sheri Coffey – Vice President
- Julie McCoy – Treasurer
- Justin DeVoge – Secretary
- Robert Smith – Trustee-at-Large
2022-2023 Advisory Council
- Rene’ Steinkamp – Head of School
- Rob Reed – Business Manager
- Cassie Wolf – Advisor
- Tom Connor – Advisor
- Caity King – Advisor
- Jessica Driver – Advisor