Central Montessori Academy – Toddler, Preschool and Elementary in Northwest Cincinnati
We are an independent Montessori school nurturing and developing young scholars from toddler through sixth grade.
Staff and Board
At Central Montessori Academy, we understand that experienced, dedicated teachers are what make any school program strong. Everyone on our teaching staff holds degrees and Montessori training. The teachers at CMA are passionate about their work and really are the heart and soul of our school. We are proud that many of our Montessori teachers first started their Montessori journey with their children joining CMA, and now they are teachers at CMA.
The Administrative Staff, under the direction of the Head of School, manages CMA’s day-to-day operations. Our Administrative Staff is an approachable group who are committed not only to helping walk you through the admission process, but to making sure you feel welcome and included as a part of the Central Montessori Academy’s community.
Denise Ott is our Office and Admissions Associate who schedules all tours and interviews. Please contact her at (513) 742-5800 if you are interested in learning more about CMA.
- René Steinkamp – Head of School
- Denise Ott – Admissions Director
- Rob Reed – Business Manager
Auxiliary Teachers and Specialist Staff
The highly skilled and experienced faculty and staff at Central Montessori Academy often provide professional development and training to other Montessori teachers.
Our expert faculty has presented at regional, national and international conferences, on topics such as:
- Reflective practice
- Creating mission statements with students
- Music education
- Technology integration
- Inclusion of students with diverse learning styles
- Confidentiality issues in education
- Montessori leadership
Additionally, members of our faculty have been special speakers on university panels and discussion groups.
- Andrea Rosenthal Warnken – Music Program, Elementary
- Larita Hayden – Health & Physical Education Teacher
- Rita Gross – Art Education Teacher
- Chaney Williams – Social Justice Teacher
- Veronica Estremadoyro
- Patty DeVer – Intervention Specialist
- Shari Rouse – Reading Specialist
- Jenna Anderson – Speech and Language Pathologist
- Rachel Bonar – Cincinnati Occupational Therapy Institute [COTI] – Occupational Therapist
Upper Elementary Teachers & Staff
- Mark Traxler – Northern Lights Room Faculty
- Audrey Rieger – Northern Lights Room Faculty
- Chaney Williams – Social Justice Teacher/ Assistant teacher
Lower Elementary Teachers & Staff
- Terri Cerimele-Rieger – Asteroid Room Faculty
- LaDonna Brusch – Comet Room Faculty
- Larita Hayden – Health and Physical Education Teacher, Elementary Faculty
- Schuyler Smith – Teaching Asssitant
Pre-Primary Teachers & Staff
- Lizzie Roth – Star Room Faculty
- McKenzee Wilkins – Star Room Faculty
- Mollie Peters – Earth Room Faculty
- Sara Thomas – Earth Room Faculty
- Danielle Wren – Sun Room Faculty
- Sheila Bohnert – Pre-Primary Faculty
- Myra Allen – Pre-Primary Faculty
Toddler Teachers & Staff
- Jena Wyborski – Moon Room Teacher
- Hannah Ward – Assistant Toddler Teacher
- Anna Lynne – Assistant Toddler Teacher
Board of Trustees
Per CMA’s Bylaws, the stewardship of the school is entrusted to the Board of Trustees. The Board is voted on by CMA’s parents and legal guardians. They are responsible for the school’s governing policies, its fiscal health and its mission. In all matters, the Board must consider the best interests of the school over their own interests, or over those of any constituent group in the CMA Community. Committees support the work of the Board and the school.
The Board consists of five (5) voting Trustees including the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and At-Large Trustee. The Trustees hold Board meetings typically on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the school. To assist the Trustees in carrying out the duties of the Board and to be a liaison between the Board and CMA’s parents and legal guardians (known as Associates), the Trustees appoint a minimum of five (5) non-voting Advisors known as the Advisory Council who are also expected to participate in Board meetings. CMA Associates and community members are more than welcome to attend Board meetings as honored guests. View CMA’s 2017- 2022 Comprehensive Strategic Plan.
Contact the Board
2020-2021 Board of Trustees
- Amanda Sopko – President
- Brandy Lockard – Vice President
- Brenda Wolfersberger – Treasurer
- Cassie Wolf – Secretary
- Na’Tima Harrison – Trustee-at-Large
2020-2021 Advisory Council
- Kristin Patterson – Head of School
- Rob Reed – Business Manager
- Shari Coffey – Associate
- Tom Connor – Associate
- Caity King – Associate